Entity responsible for the data
GENES2TEENS is an Arbortree Corporation, constituted to provide researched high quality parenting advice to parents worldwide through its website/blog hosted on the website and private weekly newsletter.
GENES2TEENS (“we”, “us”) is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
Data subject to treatment
Users are hereby informed that GENES2TEENS will request and collect personal data from the subscribers (considered as such people who subscribe to the newsletter, submit stories or request a collaboration for advertising purposes) and users of the website, by any of the following means: on site, through Facebook Ads, by telephone and in person, through a printed or electronic subscription format, either directly or through alliances with other companies.
GENES2TEENS is responsible for the treatment and processing of your personal data, regardless of the means through which said data is collected.
The personal data that we collect is as follows:
- When the data is collected from non-subscribed users, this data will include name and email address. In some cases, other data such as telephone number, sex, age, date of birth, place of birth, and place of residence might also be collected when the dynamics of the promotions or advertising campaigns so require in order to contact the owner or fulfill the necessary conditions to participate in a promotion, raffle or contest
- Upon sign up to our mailing list to enable us to send newsletters to you, we will store information including your name, location, IP address, and subscription date. We reserve the right to store information about your communication preferences or parenting tips articles
- Information and details regarding your visits to our site, such as initial page visited, where your visit originated from, pages you have visited during your browsing through the site, your email address, and any links to social accounts which are publicly available to us, e.g. Twitter and Facebook account information set to public visibility, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data, which could be required for our the resources that you access.
- If you contact us, we reserve the right to keep a record of the said correspondence
- We reserve the right to ask for your feedback through surveys, questionnaires and other direct quantitative and qualitative research methods with the final purpose of improving our service to you.
We do not collect any sort of data that could be considered sensitive by the users.
Data will always be collected directly; GENES2TEENS. does not use any type of public or private access source to obtain additional data different to the one provided directly by the owners, so the owner himself is responsible for the accuracy, suitability and relevance of the data provided, as well as its subsequent update.
Purpose of processing
The purposes of data processing shall be in accordance with the following and used to enhance and personalise your experience and provide you with information and services that may be of interest to you.:
- Send the weekly newsletter to which the user has subscribed, maintaining a conversation about the submitted stories/ tips, initiate a collaboration with the purposes of you advertising on our website/newsletter
- Use the information we collect to enable us to administer the website, carry out analysis and improve the website
- Send other information we think you may find interesting and that is relevant
Social authentication is for login purposes for users to use the Parenting community section of the website or provide relevant articles and comments.
Measurement and analytical cookies
The use of analytical and measurement cookies on our website has the sole purpose of improving the user experience in the network by measuring traffic on our websites, as well as obtaining and analyzing statistical data of users anonymously, through the use of following functions:
- They allow the identification of the devices and browsers that are employed by the user to navigate the web, however, we do not use any tracking tool to identify the user
- They allow an approximate calculation of the number of visitors and their trend over time.
- They allow us to identify the most visited content through the devices or browsers from which the users access the web. This identification is done anonymously. vant to you under legitimate interests
- They allow us to know if the devices from which the user is accessing our website are new or if they repeat visits.
- They allow us to identify the tastes and preferences of users in a general and anonymous way, by obtaining statistical data and presenting information that we consider of interest to them.
This website uses as a tool Google Analytics, an analytical web traffic measurement service provided by Google, Inc., and Facebook Pixel, an analytical web traffic measurement service provided by Facebook, Inc.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the web (including the IP address of the device from which it is accessed) will be directly collected, transmitted, and archived by Google on servers located in the United States.
Google may transmit such information to third parties in accordance with their own privacy policies and local legislation, so when browsing the website, you consent to and accept, in conjunction with ours, Google’s privacy policies, in particular those referring to the Google Analytics tool.
You can find more information regarding the data privacy and security policy of Google Analytics at: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
Advertising cookies and retargeting
We use advertising cookies for the purpose of serving our own or third party advertising based on preferences and statistical data, collected anonymously without identifying specific users.
Said cookies are used to target users based on the content they are interested in, improve campaign performance reporting, and avoid displaying ads that the user has already seen or may not be interested in.
Our website allows third parties to serve advertising and access the data collected through advertising cookies, so the processing of the data may be subject to the privacy policies of such third parties.
Newsletter and email marketing
In the instance that you leave a comment on one of our articles on our website, we will only publish your name but not your email address. You can choose to leave a comment anonymously. Your IP address and email won’t be shown to us or published on our site.
We reserve the right to use comments on our website later in our research or as inspiration for future articles.
Links to other websites
Our articles might contain links to other websites related to the said content. Once you have clicked on those links and left our website, we do not have any responsibility for the use of your data by those linked websites. Please consult their own privacy policies to be informed on the use of your data.
Retaining your information
Even if we delete your personal information, it may remain on a back-up or in archives.
Please refer to other third-party applications or services used by this website for further details on their data retention policies.
Social Media Login & Registration
Social media registration features may collect your IP address, the page you are visiting on our site, and my set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted diectly on our website.
You may choose to disassociate your Genes2Teens.com registration from third party accounts any time.
Use of children’s personal information
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information about or related to children under the age of 18. If we are aware that a minor has submitted their personal information, we will remove their personal data from our records.
Your rights under GDPR
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e., the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we hold.
- The right to restrict (i.e., prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.