Aluminum foil campfire steak dinner
Cook steak and vegetables over the fire in a no-mess foil pouch.
- aluminum foil
- 6 oz strip steak cubed
- 1 small potato cut into ¼" chunks
- 1 carrot halved and cut into ¼" chunks
- ⅛ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ Tbsp butter or olive oil
- Place cut steak, potato, and carrot in center of two pieces of aluminum foil, each about 18 inches long.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, parsley, and salt and pepper over ingredients.
- Cut butter into pads and dot vegetables.
- Fold foil around steak and vegetables and seal. Cover each packet with a second 9 inch section of foil.
- Cook in fire over coals or grate for about 25 minutes or until steak reaches an internal temperature of at least 145°F (62.8°C) after a three-minute rest time.
Calories: 294kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 96mg | Potassium: 724mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 5185IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 2mgPrint Recipe