Aluminum foil campfire steak dinner
- aluminum foil
- 6 oz strip steak cubed
- 1 small potato cut into ¼" chunks
- 1 carrot halved and cut into ¼" chunks
- ⅛ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ Tbsp butter or olive oil
- Place cut steak, potato, and carrot in center of two pieces of aluminum foil, each about 18 inches long.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, parsley, and salt and pepper over ingredients.
- Cut butter into pads and dot vegetables.
- Fold foil around steak and vegetables and seal. Cover each packet with a second 9 inch section of foil.
- Cook in fire over coals or grate for about 25 minutes or until steak reaches an internal temperature of at least 145°F (62.8°C) after a three-minute rest time.