Apple and chocolate chip muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup butter or olive oil
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ¾ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 apple peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 220°C or 425°F.
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, oats flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a bigger bowl, mix the egg, butter, applesauce, honey, and vanilla, aiming for a smooth consistency.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and combine well using a spatula.
- Add the chopped apples and chocolate chips and mix again lightly.
- Pour equal amounts of batter into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until done. Cool for 5-10 minutes and serve.