Banana bran muffins
- 2 very ripe bananas mashed
- ¾ cup olive oil or butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1 cup oats
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup pecans roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Using a fork, mash the over-ripe bananas to a smooth paste.
- Add the egg and butter to it and whip well.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the bran, oats, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add this dry mixture to the wet one and combine them using a spatula.
- Drop in the chopped pecans and raisins and fold them in well.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Prepare the muffin tray or molds by greasing them and placing cupcake liners.
- Pour 1 scoop of batter into every muffin cup and put them in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until thoroughly done.
- Cool the muffins for 10 minutes and serve them to your kids without guilt.