Banana, walnut, and berries smoothie
- 1 tsp chia or flax seeds
- 2 Tbsps rolled oats
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 banana
- 4 walnuts
- 1 cup yogurt
- ½ cup mixed berries fresh or frozen
- honey optional
- Soak chia seeds and oats in milk or water for 15-20 minutes.
- Throw everything in the blender jar and whirl it for a couple of minutes until you get a smooth and thick consistency.
- Pour in a glass and devour.
- You can puree the berries in advance and soak chia and oats in that puree to get a richer taste.
- If you wish to prepare this smoothie in advance, make a bigger batch and freeze it in ice cubes. Whenever your kid needs an energy recharge, throw in some ice cubes and a dash of milk in the blender, and the smoothie will be ready in no time.