Beef ragu crockpot dump meal
An incredibly easy slow cooker recipe that's one of the all-time favorite comfort foods. All you need to do after a little prep is dump everything into the crockpot.
- 1 lb beef chuck
- 1 large can diced tomatoes 28 oz
- 1 can tomato paste 6 0z
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion diced
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 cup beef stock or low sodium vegetable stock
- pasta of choice for serving
- Cut beef chuck into smaller pieces, if it's too large, to fit into the bag.
- Place all ingredients, except the stock and pasta, into a large freezer bag.
- Mix everything together in the bag so that the seasonings are evenly distributed.
- Label, date, and store in the freezer until you are ready to cook.
- Thaw the bag overnight in the fridge or in the sink with cool water prior to cooking.
- Place all ingredients into your crockpot. Add the beef stock.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Cook the pasta separately about 15 minutes prior to dinnertime.
- Serve the beef ragu on top of the pasta.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
I like to add chopped greens at the end of the cooking time in the crockpot. I will cut up kale or spinach into small pieces and add them to the mixture. The heat will make the greens wilt down and my kids don’t even realize they are there!
Calories: 1153kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 105g | Fat: 54g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 27g | Trans Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 313mg | Sodium: 4648mg | Potassium: 5029mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 41g | Vitamin A: 23598IU | Vitamin C: 90mg | Calcium: 398mg | Iron: 21mgPrint Recipe