Black bean burgers
- can opener
- medium mixing bowl
- wooden spoon
- large mixing bowl
- medium skillet
- 4 Tbsps olive oil divide this into 4 equal parts of 1 Tbsp
- ½ onion
- 1 15.5 oz can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 pieces bread (torn into small pieces)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper (freshly ground)
- ½ cup flour
- Dice the onion.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the skillet on medium heat.
- Put the onion in the skillet and saute for 4-5 minutes, until it is soft and see-through. Take it off of the heat.
- Mash the black beans in the large mixing bowl with the wooden spoon until they are just about smooth. Put in the cooked onion, the onion and garlic powders, the pieces of bread, the salt, and the pepper.
- Add the flour 2 tablespoons at a time and mix it all together. Don't worry if it’s a little thick.
- Form 6 burger patties, about ½ inch in thickness.
- Heat another tablespoon of oil in the skillet, again over medium heat. Put in 2 patties and cook them on each side for 2 minutes, or until they are heated all the way through. Go through this step again for the other patties, 2 at a time.