Brown rice and vegetable patties
- 2 cups brown rice cooked
- 1 carrot grated
- ½ cup broccoli grated
- ¼ cup peas pureed
- ½ cup spinach chopped
- ½ cup cauliflower grated
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp oil (for cooking)
- Put the cooked rice in a big bowl and mash it using a fork, a masher, or your hands.
- Bring everything together and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Add in all the vegetables, salt, and pepper.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and then add them to the rice mixture.
- Put a drop of oil on your palms and shape one scoop of the rice mixture into a flat cutlet. You can get creative and make shapes such as a pig, flower, duck, or dino. Use your imagination to come up with exciting forms that your kids won't be able to resist.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the cutlets for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- When ready, place them on a paper towel to absorb extra fat.
- Serve with ketchup or yogurt.