Brown rice and vegetable patties
These rice patties are so delicious your kids won’t realize they're eating vegetables. The recipe works perfectly with both leftover and freshly cooked rice.
Servings: 10 patties
- 2 cups brown rice cooked
- 1 carrot grated
- ½ cup broccoli grated
- ¼ cup peas pureed
- ½ cup spinach chopped
- ½ cup cauliflower grated
- 2 tsps salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsps oil (for cooking)
- Put the cooked rice in a big bowl and mash it using a fork, a masher, or your hands.
- Bring everything together and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Add in all the vegetables, salt, and pepper.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and then add them to the rice mixture.
- Put a drop of oil on your palms and shape one scoop of the rice mixture into a flat cutlet. You can get creative and make shapes such as a pig, flower, duck, or dino. Use your imagination to come up with exciting forms that your kids won't be able to resist.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the cutlets for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- When ready, place them on a paper towel to absorb extra fat.
- Serve with ketchup or yogurt.
I have used the shallow-frying technique; you can cook the rice cakes in an air fryer, bake them in the oven, or deep-fry. You can also use them as veggie burgers in a whole wheat bun.
Calories: 159kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 488mg | Potassium: 183mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1264IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mgPrint Recipe