Buckwheat flour and blueberry pancakes
Buckwheat flour, which is whole-grain and gluten-free, works great for pancakes. Adding blueberries gives the right amount of tartness and sweetness to the pancakes.
- 1½ cups buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 Tbsps butter
- maple syrup as needed
- toppings of your choice
- Mix the buckwheat flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Break the egg and whisk it. Add milk and beat together.
- Add the egg and milk mixture to the dry mix and combine. Don't overmix it-it's okay to have a lumpy batter.
- Add the blueberries and stir more time.
- Heat a pan and melt 1 tsp of butter in it.
- Pour a ladleful of batter in the pan and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip and cook on the other side for another 2-3 minutes.
- Take the pancake out and add toppings of your choice.
If you wish, you can drizzle over some maple syrup or honey.
Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 441mg | Potassium: 260mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 235IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 1mgPrint Recipe