An easy flavorful Italian dish made up of whole wheat bread stuffed with fresh sweet basil, fresh tomatoes, and layers of sliced mozzarella.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 chunked slices fresh mozzarella cheese approximately 40 gms
- 1 fresh tomato sliced
- fresh basil a handful
- butter to toast
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- Take the bread slices and spread pesto on both pieces.
- Place mozzarella slices, tomato slices, and basil on a portion of bread and cover it with the other one.
- Heat butter in a sandwich grill or pan.
- Place sandwich on it and let it grill.
- Flip it and let it get a nice golden-brown finish on the other side as well.
- Heat balsamic vinegar and honey in a pan and let it reduce to half.
- Drizzle on the sandwich if consuming immediately or pack in a separate container and sprinkle over the sandwich right before digging into it.
Calories: 303kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 279mg | Potassium: 579mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 1047IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 3mgPrint Recipe