Carrot, zucchini, and fig muffins
- 7 dried figs
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup zucchini grate, squeeze, and pat dry before using to avoid moisture in the batter
- 1 cup carrot peel, grate, squeeze, and pat dry before using to avoid moisture in the batter
- 1½ tsps baking powder
- 1½ tsps baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter or olive oil
- Soak the figs in warm water for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F or 220°C.
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, carrots, and zucchini.
- In another bowl, mix the butter and egg until smooth.
- Grind the soaked figs to a paste and combine it with the wet ingredients mixture using a spatula.
- Add the dry ingredients mixture to wet ingredients and stir well.
- Pour the batter into the muffin molds and bake for 25 minutes or until cooked.
- Cool for 10 minutes and dig in.