Chicken and avocado sandwich
- 6 slices whole wheat dairy-free bread
- 3 Tbsps mayonnaise
- 6 fresh lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato sliced or chopped to small size
- 1 grilled chicken breast shredded or cubed
- 1 avocado sliced or cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Take two bread slices and cut the crust from it. You can toast the bread slices before using them, but that is optional.
- Apply ½ tablespoon mayo on each portion and set them aside.
- Take one slice of bread and place one leaf of lettuce on it. You can tear it into smaller pieces if your child prefers it that way.
- Place ⅓ of shredded chicken on it. Layer it with 2-3 slices of avocado.
- Add salt and pepper to it and layer another lettuce leaf over it.
- Cover the sandwich with the second slice of bread with mayo side down.
- Cut in half or quarters and serve.