Chicken and avocado sandwich
A quick and customizable recipe for dairy-free lunch. This healthy sandwich is filled with veg and layered with grilled chicken and slices of avocado.
Servings: 3 sandwiches
- 6 slices whole wheat dairy-free bread
- 3 Tbsps mayonnaise
- 6 fresh lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato sliced or chopped to small size
- 1 grilled chicken breast shredded or cubed
- 1 avocado sliced or cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Take two bread slices and cut the crust from it. You can toast the bread slices before using them, but that is optional.
- Apply ½ tablespoon mayo on each portion and set them aside.
- Take one slice of bread and place one leaf of lettuce on it. You can tear it into smaller pieces if your child prefers it that way.
- Place ⅓ of shredded chicken on it. Layer it with 2-3 slices of avocado.
- Add salt and pepper to it and layer another lettuce leaf over it.
- Cover the sandwich with the second slice of bread with mayo side down.
- Cut in half or quarters and serve.
You can replace chicken with tuna or tofu (for vegetarian/ vegan options). I have used mayonnaise for sandwich spread, but you can also substitute it with hummus that we made earlier.
Calories: 450kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 376mg | Potassium: 804mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 4016IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 3mgPrint Recipe