Chicken BLT casserole
- 3 chicken breasts boneless and skinless, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups corn kernels fresh or frozen
- 2 cups kale or spinach. Chopped
- 1 large tomato diced
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 8 strips bacon cooked and chopped. Can also use turkey bacon
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce shredded. Optional for serving
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a casserole dish by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, then the diced chicken breasts and cook until they are no longer pink. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the pan and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- In the same skillet, cook the onion, bell peppers, and garlic. Add a little more oil if needed. Once the veggies are cooked, transfer them to the bowl with the chicken.
- Add the corn, shredded kale or spinach, bacon, yogurt, and mayonnaise to the chicken and vegetable mixture. Toss everything together.
- Spread the mixture into the baking dish and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely.
- Remove the dish from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. You can shred the iceberg lettuce while the casserole is cooking.
- Serve on a bed of iceberg lettuce if you so desire. (For me, the crunchy, cool iceberg lettuce is one of the best parts of a BLT, so I hate to omit it.)