Chicken parmesan wrap
If you're looking for a low carb lunch idea that's quick and easy to make, try this filling chicken parmesan recipe.
Servings: 2 wraps
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsps crushed black pepper
- 2 tsps cumin powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup assorted vegetables diced
- 100 gms grilled chicken shredded
- 2 whole wheat tortilla
- ½ cup parmesan shavings
- cilantro chopped
- 2 tsps butter
- Heat oil in a pan. Add sliced onions and saute'.
- When onions start to cook and become translucent, add chopped tomato and stir.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, until tomatoes are cooked and soft. Add spices (cayenne pepper, crushed black pepper, and cumin powder) and cook for another 2-3 minutes. You can adjust pepper according to your taste and spice tolerance.
- Add just a little amount of salt. Since we are using parmesan, which is salty in nature and taste, we can cut down on the dish's overall salt content by reducing the added salt.
- Add diced vegetables of your (kid's) choice such as carrots, celery, beans, corns, broccoli, etc. Stir in well to coat all the veggies well with spices.
- Add a splash of water. Cover and cook until vegetables are 80% cooked.
- You can leave the veggies raw if your kid prefers a certain level of crunch in his wrap.
- Add grilled and shredded chicken. Mix well and ensure spices coat the chicken evenly.
- Cook for another couple of minutes and then remove from the flame.
- Take a tortilla sheet, place half of the chicken filling on it.
- Add parmesan shavings and cilantro and wrap the sheet to close all ends. Prepare both sheets the same way and keep them aside.
- Heat another pan and add butter to it.
- Place the closed wraps on the pan and cook on both sides.
- This will seal the open ends to prevent filling from spilling out and add a delicious nutty and smoky flavor to it.
- Remove from heat once wraps are cooked evenly on both sides
- Pack it for the lunchboxes, and I guarantee your teenager will wolf it down in minutes.
- These chicken parmesan wraps can be frozen and stored in the deep freeze for up to 6 weeks.
Calories: 529kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 1957mg | Potassium: 649mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 5949IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 438mg | Iron: 5mgPrint Recipe