Chickpea, cucumber, and tomato wrap
- 1/2 can chickpeas
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup grated cucumber
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- ⅛ cup fresh mint
- ⅛ cup fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsps lime juice
- 1½ tsps salt
- 1 tsp pepper
For the wrap
- 4 tortilla wraps
- 2 ripe tomatoes cubed
- 1 cucumber cubed
- 1 cup fresh salad greens
- Strain the canned chickpeas and wash under running water to remove any brine.
- Toss the chickpeas in the spices (salt, cumin powder, paprika), making sure all are coated in the spice mixture. Set them aside.
- Squeeze the grated cucumber to remove excess moisture.
- Put the Greek yogurt in a bowl and add to it the grated cucumber, chopped garlic, olive oil, lime juice, fresh dill, and fresh mint.
- Add salt and pepper, mix well, and set aside.
Putting the wrap together
- Take a tortilla and heat it a little in a pan.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of tzatziki on the tortilla.
- Place fresh green leaves on it.
- Proceed to add the chickpea fillings, cubed cucumber, and tomatoes.
- Wrap the tortilla to close the roll.
- Place it back on the hot pan and heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve warm.