Creamy chicken pasta soup
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 cup mixed vegetables green beans, diced carrots, broccoli, etc.
- 2½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup macaroni
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a pot and add half of the olive oil.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
- Once cooked, remove chicken breasts from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the rest of the oil and heat.
- Add in onion and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the veggies and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and half-and-half.
- Bring to a boil, add the pasta and cover to cook.
- Cook the pasta until almost done.
- Shred the cooked chicken breasts and add the meat to the pot.
- Add the spinach and some water if needed.
- Cook until the spinach is done.
- Add salt and pepper and bring to a boil. You can add more water to adjust the consistency to your liking.
- Serve warm.