Crockpot overnight apple oats
A delicious overnight breakfast loaded with apple slices, oats, and flavorful spices.
- 2 Tbsps butter chopped into small pieces
- 4 apples peeled and diced into small pieces
- ½ cup maple syrup agave, or sugar
- 2 Tbsps cinnamon
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 4 cups water
- Turn on the slow cooker to low and add the butter to the bottom of the crockpot.
- Swirl the butter around so that it covers the sides and bottom of the crockpot.
- Add the apples, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Pour the oatmeal over the apples, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Add the water on top of everything. Don’t stir the ingredients.
- Keep the slow cooker on low and cook overnight for 8-10 hours.
- Portion out into your small containers once the oatmeal is cooked. Make sure that you label them and date them.
- Freeze them. When you are ready to eat, either thaw in refrigerator overnight or microwave to re-heat.
They can be refrigerated or frozen. A freezer-friendly, small serving container would work. You could also use small plastic deli cups. Cooking this large batch of oatmeal will provide breakfast and snacks for the whole week. Simply cook the oats overnight in the crockpot and then portion them up into single servings.
Calories: 1668kcal | Carbohydrates: 332g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 280mg | Potassium: 1803mg | Fiber: 42g | Sugar: 174g | Vitamin A: 1140IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 499mg | Iron: 9mgPrint Recipe
Genes2Teens gets commissions for purchases made through links in this post.