Crustless spinach quiche
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 6 eggs ideally from pasture-raised chicken
- 3 cups shredded cheese (Muenster, cheddar or jack)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Sauté onions in butter or coconut oil in a large pan until soft.
- Add spinach to pan and reduce until the liquid is cooked out. If using fresh spinach (or other green, such as kale or chard), cook until wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add cheese (I used cheddar) and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in cooked spinach and onions.
- Pour into a buttered 9 in pie pan and bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes until the eggs are set. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.