Dairy-free oatmeal with berries and nuts
A 2-in-1 dairy-free breakfast recipe that you can serve as milk oatmeal or a smoothie.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cups almond milk or soy milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 cup fresh strawberries or frozen berries of choice
- 2 almonds crushed or thinly sliced
- 1 tsp maple syrup optional
- Heat almond milk in a pan. Add oats to it and stir.
- Bring it to a boil. Then simmer on a lower flame for 3-4 minutes or until desired consistency is reached. Keep stirring to avoid burning.
- Remove from flame and add the mashed banana puree.
- Mashed banana should add sufficient sweetness to the porridge, but if your child needs more, drizzle some maple syrup over it. Serve with nuts and berries.
The dairy-free breakfast shows the procedure to make warm porridge, but if you are in a rush or if your baby prefers to drink over chewing his meal, all you need to do is put everything in a blender with some ice cubes and whip a healthy smoothie. Cut berries into smaller pieces to avoid choking. You can also mash the berries and the porridge for extra natural sweetness and flavor for younger babies. For alternative oatmeal instructions, you can also powder the nut and cook it with oats in milk to make it easier to digest for younger ones.
Calories: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 165mg | Potassium: 347mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 42IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 172mg | Iron: 1mgPrint Recipe