Dairy-free oatmeal with berries and nuts
- 2 cups almond milk or soy milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 cup fresh strawberries or frozen berries of choice
- 2 almonds crushed or thinly sliced
- 1 tsp maple syrup optional
- Heat almond milk in a pan. Add oats to it and stir.
- Bring it to a boil. Then simmer on a lower flame for 3-4 minutes or until desired consistency is reached. Keep stirring to avoid burning.
- Remove from flame and add the mashed banana puree.
- Mashed banana should add sufficient sweetness to the porridge, but if your child needs more, drizzle some maple syrup over it. Serve with berries and nuts.