Dairy-free pumpkin soup with coconut milk
A healthy perfect blend of sweetness from canned pumpkin purée and richness from coconut milk.
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 1½ Tbsps olive oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tsps salt or to taste
- pepper optional
- water as needed
- Heat a pan and add the olive oil.
- Add pumpkin purée and cook for two minutes.
- Add onions and garlic and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add coconut milk to it and stir.
- Let the mixture come to a boil. Then reduce the heat.
- Add salt and pepper. Add some water to adjust the thickness and consistency of the soup.
- Skip adding water if you desire a denser consistency for the baby,
- Let it simmer for 5-8 minutes. Serve warm.
This recipe uses coconut milk, but I have tried it with almond milk too, and it came out delicious. You might need less water in that case, as almond milk is more watery than coconut milk. This soup goes well with bread (make sure it's dairy-free). My kids like it with rice too!
Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 590mg | Potassium: 158mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 11IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 2mgPrint Recipe