Deviled egg palette
- 10 hard-boiled eggs
- ½ boiled beetroot pureed
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 handful basil leaves
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 2 tsps tomato ketchup
- ½ cup boiled carrot pureed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut hard-boiled eggs in half and empty out the yolk in a bowl.
- Mash yolk to a smooth paste and divide into 5 smaller portions.
- Add beetroot puree and salt and pepper to the 1st portion.
- Mix well and you’ll get a bright pink color to the mixture.
- For green color, add basil and salt to a blender and make a paste. Add a little water if needed.
- Add this green paste to the 2nd portion of yolk and mix well.
- For the 3rd portion, add turmeric, salt, and pepper and mix. You’ll get a nice yellow color.
- For the next batch, add ¼ cup tomato puree and tomato ketchup. Mix well.
- Taste this one and add salt only if needed as tomato ketchup already contains salt.
- Now for the orange color, mix the rest of the tomato puree with carrot puree and mix with the last batch.
- Fill 4 halved portions with each color.
- Arrange on a large plate in the shape of a palette and enjoy with your kids.