Deviled egg palette
Taking deviled eggs to another level, this is the best deviled egg recipe that's sure to get the attention of even the pickiest eater.
- 10 hard-boiled eggs
- ½ boiled beetroot pureed
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 handful basil leaves
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 2 tsps tomato ketchup
- ½ cup boiled carrot pureed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut hard-boiled eggs in half and empty out the yolk in a bowl.
- Mash yolk to a smooth paste and divide into 5 smaller portions.
- Add beetroot puree and salt and pepper to the 1st portion.
- Mix well and you’ll get a bright pink color to the mixture.
- For green color, add basil and salt to a blender and make a paste. Add a little water if needed.
- Add this green paste to the 2nd portion of yolk and mix well.
- For the 3rd portion, add turmeric, salt, and pepper and mix. You’ll get a nice yellow color.
- For the next batch, add ¼ cup tomato puree and tomato ketchup. Mix well.
- Taste this one and add salt only if needed as tomato ketchup already contains salt.
- Now for the orange color, mix the rest of the tomato puree with carrot puree and mix with the last batch.
- Fill 4 halved portions with each color.
- Arrange on a large plate in the shape of a palette and enjoy with your kids.
I use different vegetables to get various shades, making the final dish look like a colorful palette of hard boil eggs with flavor variations. Here I am using beetroot to get a pretty pink color, turmeric for yellow, tomato puree and tomato ketchup for red, tomato and carrot puree for orange, and basil for green. And the best part? It is loaded with a variety of nutrients.
Calories: 884kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 67g | Fat: 54g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 1865mg | Sodium: 824mg | Potassium: 1606mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 14130IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 308mg | Iron: 9mgPrint Recipe