Easy crockpot pulled chicken
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- Season the entire chicken with salt and pepper.
- Pour the chicken broth or water into the bottom of the crockpot.
- Place the chicken (breast side up) in the liquid.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Let it cool for about 30 minutes so that it’s easier to handle.
- Pull the cooked meat off of the bones once the chicken is cooled down.
- Don’t throw out the liquid! Pour a little bit of the liquid into each of the portions so that the meat doesn’t dry out.
- Label the portions and freeze until you’re ready to use them. Portions can be thawed overnight in the fridge or heated again in the microwave or stovetop.