Easy homemade peanut butter recipe
- 2 cups raw shelled peanuts get the roasted ones to save few minutes
- 1 Tbsp honey or more if you like it sweeter
- 1 Tbsp oil or more if using vegetable oil
- pinch salt
- Dry roast raw peanuts (if you have raw peanuts). Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Spread peanuts on it and put it in the over for around 10 minutes at 375°F or 190°C. Roasting peanuts brings out delicious nutty flavor and also speeds up the oil release while grinding. You can adjust the time for roasting according to the amount of nuttiness you prefer in you butter.
- Put roasted peanuts in a grinder and start grinding. The peanuts will start crumbling and as you keep churning, it becomes creamier. When it is quite close to your desired consistency, add honey, oil, and salt and churn it till it is smooth, creamy, and buttery in texture.
- Pour it out into a glass jar and it’s ready!