- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Crack the eggs and separate whites and yolks into 2 different bowls.
- Place the whites in a bigger bowl as we need to whisk them to more than double in volume. Be careful not to puncture the yolks while separating as we need them intact for the recipe.
- Use an electric beater to whisk the egg whites once you’ve got all them separated. Whisk until stiff peaks are formed.
- Take a greased (oven or microwave-safe) pan and scoop out beaten egg whites in 4 dollops.
- Place 1 yolk on each dollop carefully, sprinkle salt, and bake.
- Preheat oven to 165°C (if baking in the oven) and cook 3-4 minutes for a runny yolk. For a well-cooked yolk bake for 3-4 minutes more.
- Cook for 1 minute (if using a microwave) for the semi-cooked yolk and 30 secs more for the well-cooked yolk.
- Serve it with toast or ham and see it disappear!