Energy bites for morning sickness
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup cashew nuts
- 1 cup dates
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup almond butter or peanut butter
- ½ inch ginger
- 2 Tbsps lemon zest
- Soak the dates in water for few minutes. Clean, peel, and chop the ginger.
- In a blender jar, put the rolled oats, walnuts, pistachios, and cashew nuts.
- Process into a fine powder.
- Add the soaked dates, maple syrup, nut butter, and chopped ginger. Churn again until everything is combined.
- The mixture should have a dough-like consistency. If it's still dry and crumbly, add some more butter or maple syrup to adjust the consistency.
- Add the lemon zest and mix again.
- Take the mixture out on a plate and roll it into small balls.
- Store in an air-tight container. The bites will be good for 2 weeks. You can also freeze a bigger batch for longer use (up to 2 months).