- 1 pound fish of your choice
- 2 eggs
- 3 oz. breadcrumbs
- 1 cup mixed vegetables finely diced (for example carrots, beans, broccoli)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder optional
- 6 whole wheat burger buns
- 5 Tbsps low-fat mayonnaise
- lettuce leaves
- Clean and pat dry the fish.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F (200°C). Prepare a baking tray by lining it with parchment paper.
- Put the fish, egg, breadcrumbs, lemon juice, and all the spices in a food processor and blend them. The fish should be finely minced, and the whole mix should have a soft dough-like consistency.
- Apply a little oil on your palms and make patties of a size similar to the buns. You can get your kids to help with this step and let them make patties in their favorite shapes.
- Place the patties on the tray and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut the buns in half horizontally and apply mayonnaise on each half.
- Place lettuce leaves and patty on one half and cover it with another.
- Secure the burger with a toothpick or a skewer if necessary and serve with ketchup.