This is a healthier version of every kid's favorite junk food, with a baked patty and whole wheat buns.
- 1 pound fish of your choice
- 2 eggs
- 3 oz. breadcrumbs
- 1 cup mixed vegetables finely diced (for example carrots, beans, broccoli)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder optional
- 6 whole wheat burger buns
- 5 Tbsps low-fat mayonnaise
- lettuce leaves
- Clean and pat dry the fish.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F (200°C). Prepare a baking tray by lining it with parchment paper.
- Put the fish, egg, breadcrumbs, lemon juice, and all the spices in a food processor and blend them. The fish should be finely minced, and the whole mix should have a soft dough-like consistency.
- Apply a little oil on your palms and make patties of a size similar to the buns. You can get your kids to help with this step and let them make patties in their favorite shapes.
- Place the patties on the tray and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut the buns in half horizontally and apply mayonnaise on each half.
- Place lettuce leaves and patty on one half and cover it with another.
- Secure the burger with a toothpick or a skewer if necessary and serve with ketchup.
Since this recipe is meant for kids, it doesn't include spices like pepper or chili powder. However, if you're making it for adults or your child likes a bit of spice, you can add pepper or cayenne powder.
Calories: 476kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 1289mg | Potassium: 640mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2448IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 6mgPrint Recipe