- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock low-salt
- 2 potatoes cubed
- 1 cup assorted vegetables (celery, carrot, peas)
- 2 fillets fish you can use 1 or more types of seafood
- 2 tsps salt or as needed
- 2 tsps mixed herb seasoning no salt
- 1 tomato sliced
- ¼ cup parsley finely chopped
- 1 tsp lime juice optional
- Heat the oil in a deep, heavy pan.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add the potatoes and vegetables and saute.
- Pour in the chicken stock, add the seasoning, and bring to a boil.
- Cover and boil for 5 minutes.
- Cut the fish into cubes. Once the vegetables and potatoes are cooked more than halfway through, add the fish.
- Bring to a boil again. Turn down the heat and let the soup simmer until the fish is fully cooked.
- Add the sliced tomatoes and boil for 2 more minutes.
- Serve the soup garnished with parsley, with a dash of lime juice.