This recipe is a fairly straightforward version of the authentic dish. It uses fewer spices for an uncomplicated taste.
Servings: 4 tacos
- 2 fillets fish of your choice (tilapia, cod, pollock, etc.)
- 2 tsps salt or to taste
- 2 tsps cumin powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 cup shredded cabbage you can also use store-bought or homemade coleslaw
- ½ cup carrot shredded
- ½ cup onions shredded
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsps Greek yogurt
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- ½ tsp black pepper optional
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 taco shells
- Clean and dry the fish.
- Mix all the dry spices and apply the mixture to the fish.
- Heat the oil in a pan and put the fish in.
- Cook on both sides for 5-8 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Remove the fish from the pan and flake it with a fork.
- Mix the shredded vegetables and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, mustard, and pepper.
- Heat the taco shells. To assemble, place the shredded vegetables first, then the fish flakes. Top it with the yogurt sauce.
- Serve warm.
Calories: 121kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 1226mg | Potassium: 191mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2708IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1mgPrint Recipe