Freezer friendly crockpot pulled pork
A simple yet savory homecooked meal slow cooked to perfection. Simply take the seasoned contents out of the freezer bag, dump into a crockpot, and wait for the magic to happen.
- 6-7 lbs pork shoulder or (about 6-7 pounds bone-in, 5-6 boneless) or pork butt
- 2 yellow onions peeled and sliced, thin
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsps brown sugar honey or maple syrup
- 2 Tbsps salt
- 1 tsp black pepper ground
- ½ cup chicken stock vegetable stock or water
- Season the pork with the salt, pepper, and brown sugar.
- Place the pork in a large freezer bag. If the pork is too big, it’s ok to cut it up into 2-3 smaller pieces.
- Pour the remaining ingredients into the bag.
- Label and date the bag and place in the freezer until ready to use.
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Shred the pork with 2 forks.
- Serve and enjoy! Reserve the cooking liquid for storing any leftovers. It will help keep the pork moist.
- Drizzle with BBQ sauce for pulled BBQ pork
- Make pulled pork tacos with tortillas, diced tomatoes, and salsa
- Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning and serve with rice and roasted vegetables (fried plantains are also very tasty!)
Calories: 2698kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 331g | Fat: 120g | Saturated Fat: 42g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 13g | Monounsaturated Fat: 54g | Cholesterol: 1116mg | Sodium: 15404mg | Potassium: 6206mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 119IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 340mg | Iron: 22mgPrint Recipe