Freezer friendly crockpot pulled pork
- 6-7 lbs pork shoulder or (about 6-7 pounds bone-in, 5-6 boneless) or pork butt
- 2 yellow onions peeled and sliced, thin
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsps brown sugar honey or maple syrup
- 2 Tbsps salt
- 1 tsp black pepper ground
- ½ cup chicken stock vegetable stock or water
- Season the pork with the salt, pepper, and brown sugar.
- Place the pork in a large freezer bag. If the pork is too big, it’s ok to cut it up into 2-3 smaller pieces.
- Pour the remaining ingredients into the bag.
- Label and date the bag and place in the freezer until ready to use.
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Shred the pork with 2 forks.
- Serve and enjoy! Reserve the cooking liquid for storing any leftovers. It will help keep the pork moist.
- Drizzle with BBQ sauce for pulled BBQ pork
- Make pulled pork tacos with tortillas, diced tomatoes, and salsa
- Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning and serve with rice and roasted vegetables (fried plantains are also very tasty!)