Freezer friendly orange cranberry chicken
These freezer friendly chicken breasts pack extra flavors of fresh juices.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- ½ cup orange juice or juice from 2 fresh oranges
- ¼ cup cranberry sauce or 100% cranberry juice (not juice cocktail). You can also substitute apricot jam or nectar.
- 2 Tbsps butter or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce or balsamic vinegar
- pinch cinnamon
- ⅓ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients into a large freezer-friendly bag.
- Zest some of the peel into the bag too for extra flavor if you are using a fresh orange,.
- Label, date, and place in the freezer until you’re ready to cook.
- Thaw the bag overnight in the fridge or in the sink with cool water prior to cooking.
- Place all ingredients into your crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred the chicken after it’s done cooking with two forks.
- Serve with rice pilaf
- Serve as a topping for mashed potatoes
- Use as a salad topping or sandwich filling
Calories: 1472kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 196g | Fat: 47g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 641mg | Sodium: 3055mg | Potassium: 3685mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 55g | Vitamin A: 1252IU | Vitamin C: 74mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 4mgPrint Recipe