Frittata with avocado
- 6 eggs
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil or butter
- ½ bell pepper diced into small pieces
- 1 medium white potato peeled and diced into small pieces (or frozen hash browns will also work well as they are pre-cooked)
- 1 cup spinach chopped very fine
- 1 avocado
- Prepare your vegetables. You want them to be cut into small pieces so that they cook faster and are safe for your baby.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Heat the cooking oil and add in peppers and potatoes in a medium non-stick ovenproof skillet. Cook until they are very tender and soft.
- Add the spinach and toss to cook the spinach.
- Pour the eggs over the vegetables. Gently stir so that the eggs start to cook.
- Cover the skillet and leave on the stove top or you have the option of putting under the broiler to finish cooking.
- Cut the avocado into slices while the frittata cooks.
- Remove it from the heat and allow it to cool down for a few minutes.
- Serve each slice of frittata with a few slices of avocado. For the baby, I suggest cutting the frittata and avocado into small cubes or strips he/she can pick up easily.