Healthy baked fish fingers
- 250 gm fish use white fish, like pollock or cod
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsps flour you can use rice four or flaxseed powder to avoid refined flour
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsps Parmesan cheese
- salt to taste (if needed)
- 2 Tbsps olive oil or butter
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Grease a baking tray, place parchment paper on it, and set it aside.
- Clean and pat dry the fish.
- Beat the egg in a large bowl.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, the parmesan, and salt (optional) together.
- Cut the fish into finger-sized pieces.
- Dip each piece first into the flour, then the egg, and finally the breadcrumbs. Ask your kid to help-this should make them eager to try the fruits of their labor.
- Place the pieces on the greased baking tray and bake until the crust turns golden, which should take 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm, with ketchup or tartar sauce.