Healthy pumpkin muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice you can skip or reduce the quantity if you're making solely for toddlers
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F or 220°C and prepare the muffin tray by greasing and lining with cupcake liners.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin spice.
- In a bigger bowl, beat the egg and add the olive oil, pumpkin puree, and honey. Mix the ingredients into a smooth paste.
- Fold together the dry and wet mixtures.
- Add the chopped cranberries and mix again.
- Pour an equal amount of batter into each mold.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are cooked thoroughly.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.