Hummus with vegetables
This is a perfect snack or between meals energy snack for both kids and grown-ups. Rich in protein and goodness of vegetables, it offers complete nutrition.
Servings: 1.5 cups
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 cup assorted seasonal vegetables celery, carrot, cauliflower, etc.
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsps lime juice
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- pepper optional
- ½ cup water or reserved liquid from chickpea can. Or as needed
- Drain and wash the chickpeas thoroughly
- Chop and blanch or boil the vegetables to make them soft.
- Throw everything in a blender and give it a whirl.
- Add some water to the mix and reach the desired consistency.
- Serve it with bite-size vegetables, bread bites, or crackers.
If you wish to skip tahini, replace it with one extra spoon of olive oil or peanut butter. You can also change the vegetables to play a little with the flavor and taste.
Calories: 509kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 12g | Monounsaturated Fat: 22g | Sodium: 1643mg | Potassium: 536mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 8040IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 3mgPrint Recipe