Hummus with vegetables
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 cup assorted seasonal vegetables celery, carrot, cauliflower, etc.
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsps lime juice
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- pepper optional
- ½ cup water or reserved liquid from chickpea can. Or as needed
- Drain and wash the chickpeas thoroughly
- Chop and blanch or boil the vegetables to make them soft.
- Throw everything in a blender and give it a whirl.
- Add some water to the mix and reach the desired consistency.
- Serve it with bite-size vegetables, bread bites, or crackers.