Immune boosting chicken noodle soup
- 1 lb chicken breast boneless, skinless, cut into small pieces
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs diced
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp turmeric optional - this will increase the immune system boosting properties of this soup during cold and flu season!
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups wide egg noodles or small noodle of choice
- 1 lemon juiced
- Combine all ingredients into a large, freezer-friendly bag except the broth, noodles, and lemon juice.
- Label and date the bag and place in the freezer.
- Thaw the ingredients from the freezer bag either overnight in the fridge or in the sink in cool water.
- Pour the contents of the freezer bag into your crockpot.
- Add the broth and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Add the noodles during the final 15 minutes. Once the noodles are cooked, add the lemon juice. The soup is now ready to serve!