Immune boosting chicken noodle soup
This chicken noodle recipe is infused with immunity boosting goodness that's incredibly filling.
- 1 lb chicken breast boneless, skinless, cut into small pieces
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs diced
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp turmeric optional - this will increase the immune system boosting properties of this soup during cold and flu season!
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups wide egg noodles or small noodle of choice
- 1 lemon juiced
- Combine all ingredients into a large, freezer-friendly bag except the broth, noodles, and lemon juice.
- Label and date the bag and place in the freezer.
- Thaw the ingredients from the freezer bag either overnight in the fridge or in the sink in cool water.
- Pour the contents of the freezer bag into your crockpot.
- Add the broth and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Add the noodles during the final 15 minutes. Once the noodles are cooked, add the lemon juice. The soup is now ready to serve!
Calories: 931kcal | Carbohydrates: 85g | Protein: 111g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 354mg | Sodium: 1841mg | Potassium: 2687mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 30857IU | Vitamin C: 75mg | Calcium: 179mg | Iron: 6mgPrint Recipe