- 1 onion sliced
- 5-6 cloves garlic peeled
- ½ inch ginger chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped, you can also use canned puree
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chilli powder optional
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1-2 cups water
- Puree onion, garlic, and ginger in a blender. Set aside.
- Puree tomatoes separately in the same blender jar.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin, and let it crackl e .
- Add onion, ginger, and garlic and let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Be careful, it might splatter.
- Mix in chili powder, turmeric powder, and coriander powder and let it cook for 3-4 minutes
- Pour in tomato puree/paste and peanut butter and cook it for 5-7 minutes till the water dries and oil appears on top of the curry.
- Add salt and water and bring to boil.
- Your curry is ready. Add your kid’s favorite protein and serve it over rice or with Indian bread.