Kid friendly crockpot chicken curry
A time saving and flavorful recipe that's perfect for batch cooking.
- 2 lbs chicken breast boneless, skinless, cut into small pieces
- 6 oz tomato paste can
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 can tomato sauce or 15 oz
- 1-2 Tbsps curry powder I recommend starting with less with little kids who haven’t tried curry yet
- 3 Tbsps honey agave or maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 can coconut milk or 13.5 oz
- Combine all ingredients except the coconut milk into a large freezer-friendly bag.
- Label, date, and place in the freezer until you’re ready to cook.
- Thaw the bag overnight in the fridge or in the sink with cool water prior to cooking.
- Place all ingredients into your crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Add the coconut milk at the end of the cooking time.
- Serve with rice or your favorite dipping bread.
Calories: 2565kcal | Carbohydrates: 184g | Protein: 234g | Fat: 109g | Saturated Fat: 78g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 581mg | Sodium: 8358mg | Potassium: 9112mg | Fiber: 35g | Sugar: 121g | Vitamin A: 8090IU | Vitamin C: 222mg | Calcium: 388mg | Iron: 34mgPrint Recipe