- 1 Tbsp lard/oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 4 tomatoes ground to a paste. You can also use store bought puree
- chili/chili powder to taste avoid if your kid doesn’t eat chili
- mixed powdered spices to taste cinnamon, cumin, clove, pepper
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp chocolate/cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsps peanut butter
- raisins/maple syrup as needed. For sweetness
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes/puree and chilis (if using) and cook for few more minutes.
- Add raisins and cook for 8 to 10 minutes more till everything is cooked and mushy.
- Remove from flame. Using an immersion blender, blend this mixture till smooth.
- Put it back on the flame and add chicken broth, flour (mixed with 1 tablespoon water or stock), peanut butter, chocolate, salt, and maple syrup (if using instead of raisins).
- Simmer it for 15 minutes so that it is cooked well and reduced.
- Remove from flame and enjoy!