Mouth watering meatloaf
- 1½ pounds ground meat beef, venison, turkey
- 1 medium zucchini
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp white vinegar
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190.5°C).
- Grind oats in a food processer for 30 seconds. (If using quick oats, skip this step.) Add oats to a large mixing bowl.
- Pulse onion and zucchini in food processor until you have a course purée (about 1 minute). Add zucchini and onion mix to oats.
- Add in ground meat, egg, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, and pepper. Massage the ingredients until well-blended.
- Press meat into a loaf shape and lay into a 4 X 9” loaf pan.
- To make sauce: In a small bowl combine ketchup, brown sugar, ground mustard, vinegar, and cinnamon. Spoon sauce onto loaf and spread evenly.
- Cover and bake at 375°F (190.5°C) for 1 hour 15 minutes. Remove cover and bake for another 15 minutes or until center is 160°F (70°C).