Oat, walnut, and chocolate pancakes
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp seed mix flaxseed, sunflower, pumpkin
- 2 bananas very ripe
- 6-8 dates pitted
- 1 egg
- milk as needed
- ½ cup walnuts
- handful cashew nuts or pistachio nuts
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- fresh cut fruit
- chocolate syrup
- more chocolate chips as garnish (optional)
- Soak dates in warm water for 10-15 minutes. Ask your kids to mash the bananas; kids love going all ninja on a banana with fork and If bananas are not fully ripen just cut in small pieces. Take oats, seed mix, walnuts, and other nuts, soaked dates and banana (mashed or chopped) and give it a whirl in a food processor.
- Beat egg and mix in a little milk. Add oats mixture and chocolate chips to it and stir. The mixture doesn’t need to be completely lump free. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a pan and put some butter in it. Pour a ladle full of mixture and let it cook over medium heat.
- Show your culinary art by flipping the pan and tossing pancakes. My kids love watching me toss their pancake in air and I earn a few “Wow Mumma” and “Yay!” doing that.
- Serve it with fresh cut fruits. Let your kids get creative in plating it with syrup, fruit and more chocolate chips. This will be gone in a blink of an eye!