Oatmeal muffins with blueberries and walnuts
- 1½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tsps cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsps flax seeds
- 1 egg optional (avoid if you have an aversion to the smell of egg)
- 1 cup coconut milk or milk of your choice
- 1 Tbsps maple syrup avoid if at risk of gestational diabetes
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup walnuts
- Mix the rolled oats, flax seeds, baking soda, and cinnamon powder in a big bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the coconut milk and egg well.
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla essence.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients mix.
- Stir well and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C.
- Take 8 cupcake molds and place them in a baking tray.
- Add the blueberries to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture in the molds up to ¾ capacity.
- Put walnuts on each muffin and place the tray in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until done. Let the cupcakes cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Eat them fresh and save whatever is left in the fridge for 3 days or in the freezer for 2 weeks.