Oats, almonds, and peanut butter bites
This is quite simple and easy recipe that you can cook with your kids.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup almonds
- 2 Tbsps peanut butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ Tbsps honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Put the oats in an oven-safe dish and dry-roast them for 5-8 minutes or until done. Make sure they don't turn brown.
- Alternatively, you can dry-toast the oats in a pan. Let them cool when done.
- Take a mixer jar and add the rolled oats, almonds, peanut butter, honey, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- Give it a good whirl until the mixture comes together as a paste or dough.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Roll the dough into bite-size balls and let them set.
- Store in an air-tight box for 5-6 days on the kitchen counter, 2 weeks in the refrigerator, and up to 2 months in the freezer.
Calories: 116kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 65mg | Potassium: 65mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mgPrint Recipe