Orange, cranberry, and oat muffins
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup oats ground to powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425°F or 220°C.
- In a bowl, mix well the oats powder, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together well the egg, butter, vanilla, and orange extract.
- Add the orange juice and mix again.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredient mixtures and stir everything together well but don't overmix.
- Add the chopped cranberries and mix one more time.
- Pour equal portions in muffin molds and slide into the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cooking time varies from oven to oven, so test the muffins by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean, the muffins are ready, but if it comes out moist, bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Cool on a rack and serve.