Pan-seared salmon with peas, broccoli, and carrots
- 2 fillets salmon you can replace it with cod, pollock, or any other fish
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or butter
- 1 clove garlic
- salt or soy sauce, to taste
- 1 cup mixed vegetables I like carrots, peas and broccoli
- Clean the salmon and pat it dry.
- Heat the olive oil n a heavy pan.
- Add the garlic and let it cook for 30 seconds-we don't want to burn it, just cook it enough to lose the raw smell.
- Place the salmon (skin side down) in the pan and let it sear for 5-8 minutes.
- Flip and cook the other side for 5-8 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- While the salmon is cooking, prepare the veggies.
- Boil some water and add the carrots. After 2-3 minutes, add the peas and broccoli and let them boil for 5 minutes. If your child prefers mushy vegetables, simmer for a few more minutes to get the desired texture.
- Strain the boiled vegetables and put them in cold water for a minute.
- Drain the water and place the veggies on a plate. Once the salmon is cooked, add it to the plate and drizzle some soy sauce on it. Serve with bread.