Pasta with dairy-free pesto
- 1 cup pasta of your kid's choice fusilli or spaghetti
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup pine nuts can be replaced with walnuts or sunflower seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsps salt or to taste
- Boil and cook pasta as directed on the package. Remember to add a sufficient amount of salt while boiling pasta to give some taste to the noodles.
- Wash and dry basil leaves.
- Dry roast nuts for a couple of minutes and let them cool.
- Place basil leaves, nuts, and garlic in a blender jar. Add salt to it and start to blend.
- Add olive oil a little at a time until you get desired consistency.
- Place boiled pasta in a bowl, pour over some pesto, and mix well to coat pasta evenly.
- Serve warm.