Rainbow breakfast muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsps ground black pepper or to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ½ cup grated broccoli
- ½ cup grated pumpkin
- ½ cup finely chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter or olive oil
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup milk if needed
- Preheat the oven to 425°F or 220°C and prep the muffin tray by greasing and lining the molds with cupcake liners.
- Mix the whole wheat flour, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pepper, and turmeric powder.
- Add the grated vegetables and mix.
- In a bigger bowl, beat the egg, add the butter and yogurt, and stir until you get a smooth mixture.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and fold them together, taking care not to overmix.
- Pour equal amounts of batter into each mold and bake for 25 minutes.
- When the muffins are ready, cool them for 5 minutes and serve.