Roasted vegetable salad with lemon dill dressing
A colorful satisfying salad featuring oven-roasted vegetables and a creamy delicious dressing made with fresh dill and the subtle flavor of lemon.
- 1 sweet potato peeled and sliced
- 1 small head of broccoli cut into pieces
- 1 small head of cauliflower cut into pieces
- 1 bell pepper sliced into thick strips
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas or 14.5 ounces. Drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups loosely packed kale sliced thin (chiffonade)
- 3 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill chooped fine
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a large baking tray (or use two small ones) by lining with parchment paper or spraying with non-stick spray.
- Toss the vegetables with the two tablespoons of olive oil and add a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Toss the chickpeas with the one tablespoon of olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Pour the vegetables (except kale) and chickpeas onto the sheet trays. Roast for 20-25 minutes, turning the vegetables as needed.
- To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in small bowl. Mix with a whisk or fork.
- When the vegetables are done, remove them from the oven and toss with the cut up kale. Gently toss in the dressing.
- Serve the salad immediately. You may add a protein to this salad like chicken, grilled fish, or steak.
Calories: 676kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 31g | Sodium: 233mg | Potassium: 2282mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 26522IU | Vitamin C: 523mg | Calcium: 329mg | Iron: 5mgPrint Recipe