Roasted vegetables with cheese
- 3 cups diced vegetables cauliflower, broccoli, beans, carrot, mushroom, and spinach
- 2 Tbsps butter or olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese grated
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- Line the vegetables in a baking tray and apply oil and seasonings to them. Don't put too much salt as Parmesan is salty.
- Roast vegetables in a pre-heated oven at 220°C for 10-12 minutes or until 70% done. Make sure not to cook vegetables 100% as you will be baking them again with cheese. When overcooked, vegetables lose their structure and crunch.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the veggies to a smaller oven-proof dish.
- Sprinkle both the cheeses on vegetables.
- Bake again for another 5-7 minutes until cheese melts.
- Broil for 2 minutes to get a perfect golden-brown crust.
- Remove from oven and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve it along with a bowl of pasta or rice.