Scrambled egg salad sandwich
Recreate this delicious egg salad sandwich filling at home and watch this recipe of egg salad become a Sunday breakfast staple, even to the fussiest eater.
- 2 bread slices
- 1 egg
- ½ Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp Greek yogurt
- salt and pepper as per taste
- few leaves lettuce
- 1 slice cheese
- 1 tomato sliced
- Toast bread slices.
- Crack open egg in a bowl and whisk it. This would be a good time to ask your kids to help beat the eggs.
- Heat butter in a pan. Once it melts, add beaten eggs, and keep mixing with a spatula.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to the Greek yogurt and whisk to a smooth consistency.
- Spread the yogurt on the bread slices.
- Assemble egg salad sandwich: Place lettuce leaves, cheese slice, tomato slices, scrambled eggs on one slice of bread and cover with another slice.
- Cut lettuce leaves and tomato into smaller pieces to make it convenient and less messy for kids to eat.
- Cut the egg salad sandwich diagonally and serve.
- Wrap it in a piece of paper if your kids miss the takeaway feel of sandwich.
The only change I made to the egg salad sandwich recipe was replacing mayonnaise with Greek yogurt.
Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 208mg | Sodium: 585mg | Potassium: 490mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1719IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 323mg | Iron: 3mgPrint Recipe