Shrimp and mango curry
- 8 shrimp
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 ripe mango pureed
- 2 tsps salt or as per taste
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper avoid if cooking for babies
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Clean, de-vein, wash, and pat dry shrimp.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Place shrimp in it and let them cook for 4 minutes on each side until fully cooked.
- Remove shrimp to a plate and place the same pan back on the flame.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté.
- Add tomatoes and cook. Keep mixing it with a spoon while squashing tomatoes to get a smoother sauce.
- Add salt, turmeric, and pepper, and cook for a minute.
- Pour in coconut milk and mix well. Bring the sauce to a nice boil and then simmer on low flame for a couple of minutes.
- Place shrimp back in the curry and boil for one minute before removing the curry from the flame.
- Serve with rice.